1917 Several scouts from Troop 28 at St. Michael’s and St. George Church quit and join Troop 17 after expressing their dissatisfaction with the way their troop was being run and then enlist the parent of one of the scouts, Dr. Claude H. McMahon, to become the new Scoutmaster at Troop 17.
1918 In the Third Liberty Loan Campaign, Troop Seventeen won the President’s flag (Woodrow Wilson) by selling the most subscriptions for Liberty Bonds of any Scout troop in the State of Missouri. In the downtown parade which followed, Seventeen marched in the lead as a drum and bugle corps, and their number is permanently recorded in The History of the Boy Scouts of America, by Wm. D. Murray (1937)
1938 Troops 17, 31, 2, 90 and 98 are written up in the Congressional Record for a re-dedication ceremony devised by John Pope Baker II and performed at the Scout Circus.
1942 At the outbreak of World War II, Scoutmaster John Pope Baker II of Troop 31, merges his entire outstanding troop into Troop 17 — thus giving Seventeen a doubly rich heritage.
1945 Twenty-five active Scouts and three Committeemen are serving in the Armed Forces.
1947 Troop 17 takes top honors at the Midland District Camporee <br />– arriving and departing on bicycles.
1951 Troop Seventeen is featured in the St. Louis Star-Times newspaper when they purchase their own camp (Nawakwa) — 160 acres of totally wooded remote forest near Hawk Point, Missouri.
  Troop 17’s solo performance as the second act of the Scout Circus was selected as the outstanding event for its precision 17-man marching drill team — featuring intricate commands given by the SPL’s brass whistle.
1952 Scouts from Troop 17 are pictured on the official stationary of the St. Louis Council BSA — which was then subsequently adopted by several other scout councils.
1953 The Troop’s two-room cabin at Camp Nawakwa is destroyed by fires set by the REA stringing power lines to adjacent farmers; no restitution is made.
  For the bi-annual Scout Circus, Troop 17 outsells every Pack, Troop, and Explorer Post in the St. Louis Council. Several scouts sell over 100 and 200 tickets and everyone sells at least fifteen — primarily in door-to-door solicitations.
1954 The foundation is laid for the Baker Cabin at Camp Nawakwa — a 15 x 30-foot log cabin (with massive stone fireplace, porch, loft, and four bunk beds) — built and completed by Seventeeners in the mid 1950s.
1956 The troops colorful and distinctive patrol flags are used as the cover decoration for the St. Louis Council camp promotion brochure.
1957 Troop 17 writes and performs an entire act of the Scout Circus with its portrayal of the founding of Scouting and their skillful Scout staff drill exhibition.
1960 At the council-wide Jubilee Camporee evening campfire hosting 40,000 persons in Forest Park, four Seventeeners acted out a drama depicting the beginnings of Scouting in America with the entire troop on-stage as the backdrop.
1961 Troop again has a solo act in the Scout Circus depicting the drama of the Unknown Scout.
1964 Troop 17 moves to Salem United Methodist Church in Ladue, MO.
1965 Camp Irondale closes — Seventeen encamps there for the last week of its traditional campground.
1966 Troop inaugurates a new era of summer camp at Camp Famous Eagle at the new S-F Scout Ranch.
1976 Troop 17’s own Camp Nawakwa is closed when title for the property passes from Verne Barnhart.
1995 An Eagle Scout from Troop 17 retires after a 34 year career as Scout Executive.
2019 Cub Pack 17 is formed.